Terms & Conditions for Weddings & Events
Jody Callan Hair kindly asks that you read and agree to the following terms and conditions before sending your enquiry. Jody Callan Hair encourages you to read the following User Terms carefully as it is a legal document and, upon paying your booking fee, you agree to be bound by these User Terms.
*It is the responsibility of the client who books to understand, agree and be responsible for all booking conditions, including all payments being made by the specified dates.
- Booking fees are non refundable under any circumstances. This includes, but not limited to, situations where the booking and/or wedding is cancelled due to personal relationship breakdown, financial, family situations and unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to: health pandemics, changes to regulations, health warnings, weather events, travel limitations, venue closures.
- There are no refunds of any monies paid toward any bookings where there has been any partial/full cancellation made within 90 days of the group booking or wedding. This includes, but not limited to, situations where the booking and/or wedding is cancelled due to personal relationship breakdown, financial, family situations and unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to: health pandemics, changes to regulations, health warnings, weather events, travel limitations, venue closures.
- A $200 booking fee must be paid in order to secure your wedding or event day. This booking fee will be deducted from your final invoice.
- Your booking date is not secure until a booking fee has been received. No dates will be held without a booking fee.
- Bookings are based on the information you provide so please be as accurate as possible. Following the booking fee payment, invoices will not be reduced. If a member of your party cancels, you are welcome to replace their spot with somebody else.
- Parking is required for Jody at the venue. Valet parking is required at all inner city hotels. If parking is not made available on-site, parking fees will be added to the invoice.
- The balance of your booking must be received by Jody 14 days prior to your wedding or event. Failure to meet this will result in termination of booking.
- Trials take place at Jody’s home studio in Forest Lake. We respectfully ask that no more than one extra guest accompanies the client having the trial. During times of government advised health warnings, this term is strictly enforced. Trial bookings are generously and strictly set to 1.5 hours.
Bookings are subject to availability; please contact Jody to confirm availability. In order to secure your booking you will be required to pay a non-refundable booking fee, which is deducted from the total cost of the booking and will not be refundable under any circumstances, including unforeseen circumstances.
Jody Callan Hair does not hold any bookings until the booking fee has been received.
Jody has a minimum booking of $750 for bookings required prior on Fridays and Saturdays. Jody does not work Sundays or Mondays. The minimum call out fee of $750 is equivalent to 5 hairstyling services on the date of the booking. This minimum call out fee excludes the trial.
The client scheduling the booking will be responsible for full payment of all services in the event that other people in the wedding party/group do not pay their portion. For all bookings, the full remaining balance is due 14 days prior to your booking date.
Payment is to be made by bank deposit only. Please allow at least 3 business days for electronic funds to clear. Electronic payments that do not clear before the booking date will not be accepted as payment of the respective invoice.
If you are having difficulty viewing, receiving or paying an invoice, please contact Jody immediately.
Bookings which are not paid in full by the due date risk termination and Jody will not provide services on the day. We will try to reach you to remind you of payment via your email and/or phone number you have provided us with.
Please note that service will not be provided without payment in full, prior to the day of the event.
Jody Callan Hair does not offer refunds for any completed services at any stage. If you are in any way dissatisfied, the onus is on the client to notify Jody whilst on location.
Booking fees are non refundable under any circumstances. This includes, but not limited to, situations where the booking and/or wedding is cancelled due to personal relationship breakdown, financial, family situations and unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to: health pandemics, changes to regulations, health warnings, weather events, travel limitations, venue closures.
There are no refunds of any monies paid toward any bookings where there has been any partial/full cancellation made within 90 days of the group booking or wedding. This includes, but not limited to, situations where the booking and/or wedding is cancelled due to personal relationship breakdown, financial, family situations and unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to: health pandemics, changes to regulations, health warnings, weather events, travel limitations, venue closures.
Please confirm your numbers carefully at the time of your booking, as we do not offer any reductions at any time for hairstyling services. This includes, but not limited to, situations where the booking and/or wedding is amended due to personal relationship breakdowns, financial, family situations and unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to: health pandemics, changes to regulations, health warnings, weather events, travel limitations, venue closures.
Should someone in your wedding/group booking cancel at any time they are welcome to be replaced with someone else, e.g. a guest or relative. You will be charged the full amount of the service since the booking duration on the requested date has been specifically allocated to you which results in lost earnings/bookings for us. It is your responsibility as the client to communicate and make the other parties aware of our rates and terms of service.
Cancellation of any booking by you must be communicated in writing, by email and will only be confirmed upon receipt of this. The complete booking fee will be retained by Jody regardless of notice or reason given, due to administration and loss of other bookings caused by allocating your booking.
Cancellations within 90 days of the group booking/wedding will be charged the full costs of the booking. All booking fees are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable.
Please note that all prices are subject to change. To retain the rates invoiced at the time of booking, new dates must be within 12 months of your original booking.
Travel & Parking Fees
A travel fee will be incurred and is dependant on distance required to travel. If in the event that any hotel parking fees are incurred as result of the location of the booking, these will be passed on to the client.
Parking is required for Jody at the venue. Valet parking is required at all inner city hotels. If parking is not made available on-site, parking fees will be added to the invoice.
Please be aware that parking delays caused by the client may result in the inability to start the service on time, finish the total service booked or get to the service at all. We recommend that onsite parking be provided to Jody to avoid disappointment.
Time management is of the essence therefore adherence to booking times is critical in ensuring that Jody Callan Hair delivers the service you expect and will be strictly adhered to. Should unforeseen circumstances arise, the onus is on the bride/client to advise Jody as soon as practical. Jody Callan Hair is not responsible if desired completion time is not met due to client/group/wedding party delays.
Jody Callan Hair will notify the client of her arrival time one to two weeks prior to the booking. If Jody Callan Hair is set back due to delays caused by you or your group/wedding party, and if Jody is requested and required to overstay, (provided Jody is able to stay pending our other appointments), the client will be charged $80 per half hour exceeded per artist required to overstay the appointment in half hour increments only, (min. $80).
If you have a particular schedule, please advise this at the time of booking or as soon as possible so Jody can take this into account when allocating bookings.
Extra people wanting services
If any additional people require styling on the day, but do not have a booking, this is not normally a problem and payment can be in cash or direct deposit prior to Jody starting the service. It is recommended to give Jody notice if others in attendance want styling so arrangements can be made. Jody Callan Hair recommends that numbers for styling are confirmed in advance to avoid potential disappointment where we may not be able to cater to extras.
Please wash your hair the night prior to the appointment by shampooing thoroughly twice and paying a lot of attention to your root area, then apply a small amount of conditioner mid-lengths to ends and rinsing very well. Please blow dry your hair thoroughly. Do not straighten.
Please do not apply any treatments, oils or styling products. For best results use salon quality shampoo and conditioner.
If you have tight, curly hair and you would like a smooth hair style, please pre-straighten your hair unless you have booked for an extended styling session.
Please give ample notice for any allergies or special requests so Jody can try to accommodate.
If the client and/or their booking group has any questions specific to their needs, please let Jody know and she will be more than happy to help.
Jody will require an adequate area to set up her station to deliver the service you expect. Where the area isn’t adequate, delays may be unavoidable.
Jody requires access to a safe working power point, a dining/low chair for hairstyling and large table for her equipment.
Jody guarantees the quality of the products, her passion and expertise in her work. Jody wants you to feel the most beautiful you have ever felt in your life. Whilst it is not compulsory to have a trial session of your hairstyle, Jody encourages you to attend her trial studio so you can feel pampered, see how your hair will look and discuss the elements of your day. This will ensure your look is perfectly matched to your bridal vision, along with addressing all your needs and any concerns. Most importantly, Jody wants you to enjoy the ultimate bridal experience and feel the most beautiful you have ever felt in your life.
Health & Safety
Jody Callan Hair is not, under any circumstances, responsible for any allergic reactions to products used. The onus is on the client to give advance notification to Jody Callan Hair if you or any of your group/wedding party have particular hypersensitivity that you are aware of.
To ensure health of Jody, her team and clients, Jody Callan Hair reserves the right to refuse service on any clients displaying signs of headlice or contagious viral symptoms including but not limited to, vomiting, diarrhoea or rash.
Jody will also require the details of everyone that will be in attendance of the appointment INCLUDING any suppliers and contractors who will be present – this is a Queensland Government requirement in case contact tracing is required. You can enter your details by clicking here. Please feel free to share this link with any of your attendees.
Please ensure that you and all attendees read my COVID-Safe Procedure Plan link by clicking here.
Children in attendance of the booking are to be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Children are not to be in the service area at any time unless they are having a service and are being supervised by a responsible adult. This is for their own safety; Jody uses very hot styling tools, operates electrical equipment and has very heavy equipment which can tip if not used correctly. Jody is not responsible for watching any children. Jody accepts no liability from any claims arising from any children’s injury while in the service area. Jody reserves the right to refuse service without refund for misbehaving or uncontrollable children that she feels cannot be styled safely.
For her own health and safety, Jody factors in her own rest and meal breaks when allocating timing to ensure she can produce her best work.
Jody reserves the right to refuse the lending out of her equipment to clients, other stylists and third parties.
Jody has always been committed to protecting her clients’ health and safety and of course her own, so hygiene has always been at the forefront of her business operations. Given the nature of the COVID-19 pandemic there are additional measures as required by law that Jody must make to safely continue providing hairstyling services to protect the health of everyone.
The Queensland Government has implemented requirements specific to beauty businesses which must be followed by all involved. The COVID Safe Checklist for Beauty Therapists can be viewed by clicking here.
With regards to Covid-19 these are the measures that Jody will require of her clients and their attendees:
– That hand washing facilities are provided.
– That you and anyone else present must maintain social distancing as much as practicable which is a minimum of 1.5m between each other.
– That you firstly disinfect your phone with antibacterial spray or wipe and then wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds prior to my starting your appointment.
– That you and any other client within the booking must provide in advance their name, residential address, and phone number which Jody will be required to by law to maintain a record of for a minimum of 28 days from the appointment/attendance date. Jody will not disclose your personal information to anyone unless it is required to by law e.g. Queensland Health or other Governing bodies. You can enter your details by clicking here. Please share this link with any of your attendees.
– That you understand the space requirements as set out by law that we all need to abide by. Jody will require a well-ventilated space for the hairstyling service, and it must be at least 4sq/m per person. Please note that if you are getting ready in a small hotel room or have people in attendance that may exceed this ruling, some people will need to leave the premises/hotel room.
– Understand that per the government guidelines that you and others in the booking are discouraged from bringing any friends or family members to any appointments if they are not part of the booking.
– That you are not to enter the premises and/or attend the appointment if you or anyone else is feeling unwell, have flu-like symptoms, of if you or anyone else has been in contact with a confirmed case and have been directed to self-isolate or you become unwell during the appointment.
– While the COVID-Safe application is not a requirement to book with me, Jody encourages clients to download and activate the COVID-Safe app for their smart phone by clicking here.
You can view Jody’s COVID-19 Commitment Procedures regarding how she will remain compliant and safely deliver hairstyling services by clicking here.
The contents and advice on this site are for general informational purposes only and should not be substituted for seeking the advice of a medical professional. We accept no liability for any claims arising out of the misuse, allergic reactions, or any injury suffered with the consenting use of the products and equipment offered by Jody Callan Hair. By making a booking with us you acknowledge and accept this policy and release us from any liability if such a situation should arise.
In the rare event that Jody is unavailable to attend the appointment to provide hairstyling services on the scheduled booking date, Jody will make every attempt to find a similar calibre artist for the client. In this situation only, will the booking fee be refunded or transferred to the new artist. However, the limit of liability is a full refund of all monies already paid for the hairstyling service for the affected date only.
Clients acknowledge that Jody Callan Hair may use any photographs or images taken for portfolio, website and any promotions.
The client understands that once the booking fee has been paid, they are legally bound by this document.